Saturday 15 October 2016

Catch up: Baby cardigan

Having finished the blanket, and made the hat out of the spare edging wool, next up was my very first piece of complicated clothing (as in not a scarf!), which was a baby cardigan.

It was quite a simple style, which I liked as it would go with pretty much anything else he wore, and came from this book.

The cardigan was made up of 5 individual pieces which were then all knitted together when knitting the yoke and collar of the cardigan.



I then had a couple of new skills to learn, as I'd never had to pick up stitches before to put edges onto knitting before. So I made a small practise piece. Which is also where I practised making button holes for the first time.




Next up was sewing the arm seams together, which was impressively neat when following the method suggested in the book.



Finally the buttons were added, and the cardigan was finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment