Monday 9 December 2013

Sinterklaas gifts: Sackboy.

A while back, Arjan's brother and a couple of their friends came to stay, and whilst they were playing games, I was busy making the presents for Ellena's baby shower.

Dennis was so impressed with my (just learning) knitting skills, that he said "Oooh, cool, you could knit me a Sackboy!". Given how new I was to knitting, I said that was way beyond me.

But Sinterklaas approached and I went online and found that someone had of course created a knitting pattern for the cute character from Little Big Planet, and had made it freely available here.

Following the pattern was definitely beyond my skills when I started, given I'd never done purl, increase, decrease or turn - but Steve, the knitting expert from work was a great help in translating for me!

Definitely knitting fingers was the trickiest bit...



But eventually, he came together well!



And now he's part of Dennis' Christmas decorations.





No comments:

Post a Comment